If you saw the word Corningware in a novel, would you know what it is?

Please let me know with a comment. I'm wondering if I should just say, "bakeware" or something.

Don't know what it is and want to? Corningware is this.

One thought on “corningware

  1. unless you were writing about Corningware specifically, or calling it by name was setting up a specific mood, i would probably opt for the more generic term. it's like calling photocopies, "Xerox" copies, or a cola drink "Coke" (although that's not a good example, as Coke has pretty much become ubiquitous with cola). i suppose it would also depend on how well you know your audience, if you're sure that they would be able to make that leap.

Comments are closed.